Saturday, March 03, 2007

Afrika Bambaataa is Amitabh Bachchan's Stylist

Yes, 'tis true. "True dat", even.

Electro-hip-hop pioneer, Afrika Bambaataa (whose only track I can recall at the moment is Agharta, City of Shamballa) was once hired by Bollywood legend, Amitabh Bachchan to revamp his wardrobe. The end results are for all and sundry to view...

The design...

Amitabh Bambaataa

The creator... (not Brahma)
Afrika Bachchan

Honorable mention:
Bappi Lahiri, Bollywood plagiarizer par excellence, and human Christmas tree. On the positive side, the dude recycles his tinsel and holly. How cute.

On another note, I think Bambaataa and Bachchan take Agharta a bit too seriously. No worries - I mean, even I have some pretty twisted fantasies - but nothing like walking around town in a King Tut mask, and a cape or kurta made out of silk sarees.

Song I'm listening to right now? NOT (give it a rest, Borat lovers)
R.E.M.'s "Shiny Happy People"...

No comments: